Tuesday, December 06, 2005

Random Randy

Dear all,

It must have been quite a while since my last posting hasn’t it? I bet no one would notice this one since there hasn’t been any updates for months.

But anyways, how’s everyone doing? The Christmas holidays are coming and so is the new year’s. It’s gonna be one year since I first started working officially. I’m getting promoted soon. And that spells more workload and responsibilities. I sometimes worry if I’d be able to cope with it. But I guess part of me is eager to embrace the new challenges that will come along with it.

I am facing some major sleeping problems man… got exam tomorrow and its one forty now. God knows I need to be in bed already but here I am… typing away on my computer for something that no one will read anyhow. Ahahhaah….

For those of you thinking that there’s no shows that are interesting enuff to capture your attention on the telly, I recommend you to go download this wonderful british sitcom called “the PEEP SHOW”.

It’s about two single brit men who share a flat/apartment. One’s a wanker who’s in and out of proper job (some self proclaimed musician) and the other has a 9-5 job and is the tight arse in the show. Something many of us could relate to. It’s hilarious how the two characters play off each other. Each episode lasts about 20 minutes and each minute of it leaves you wanting for more and wishing it’ll last longer. It has to be easily one of the best shit to come outta british TV in ages. Not that I’m some sorta expert on it, but it has to be.. I think.  

The wanker has a big crush on a local bird called big Suze. She’s hot but a bit on the thick side. But I’d give it anyday, a’ight………… and it’s a thrill to see how he incessantly tries to get her attention and affection. The other lad is the proverbial geek and pretty much the loser. The beauty of the show is how it present the REAL people. And how the wanker who’s not got a concrete job seems to be able to pull in the chicks and have a fun time all the time, while the geeko who’s supposed to be all successful with all his academic accolades and shit still seem to suffer for his lack of social life and skills. Don’t wanna give too much away. Just watch it, a’ight………..

I wonder… how’d you be supportive without being interested in the cause at all? I mean, when your best mate is so deeply involved with something that he truly wants to indulge in and wants to share it with his other mates, but yet though most are highly supportive and happy for him, few only share the deep interest or passion for it? Am I less of a good friend for not being too interested in it?, I ask my self.  How’d I feel if I was truly passionate about something but there’s no one who’d genuinely share my interest in it? Would I be disappointed? Would it diminish my passion? Gosh… I’m cold. I don’t mean cold as in the temperature is cold but my heart… I think I’ve become more removed from indulging in things that would cause a real stir in my heart. Like being more uncompassionate.  

I guess that there’s very few things that would warm my cold cold heart. But one thing’s for certain, Hanna, she makes me warm all over. She truly sets the par high. She loves me so much and takes such good care of me and continues to do so for two years and counting. I am the first to admit that there are temptations abound for both of us. Though I’m sure she has a bigger fan base, I do know a few fancy birds myself. But what I’m trying to say here’s there isn’t any one who can make me feel so strongly about her than Hanna. And the fact that she’s such a beautiful person is just a bonus. Words can hardly describe her beauty and no paintings can even start to trace the outline of this magnificent lil lady I call my girl.

Let me end this rare session with the lyrics to a wonderful song by Gordon Haskell called : “how wonderful you are” dedicated to my lovely Hanna, my brothers (Mikel, G, YN, theDAVE, Bob, Ons, Johan, Zee), Jojo, Joanna and also to some very lovely people I’ve met or re-acquainted during this eventful year….. Merry X’mas all. You’ve all been wicked this year! Cheers.
How Wonderful You AreWritten by Gordon Haskell
I go out most nightsAttracted by the lightsListen to the jazz in Harry's BarAnd I know it won't be longBefore they play that songDo you know how wonderful you are
It's a sentimental soundMake me wanna fool aroundWith somebody who is wishing on a starI'll pull my hat down lowGo up and say helloDo you know how wonderful you are
Oh we struggle with the art of conversationAnd there'll be those for whom this song has no appealBut I know it works for meAnd I'm sure you will agreeThat it illustrates exactly how I feel
Things can happen fastSome things are built to lastI've seen it all go down in Harry's BarThough we've only just begunThis sure will run and runDo you know how wonderful you are
I've always struggled with the art of conversationAnd there'll be those for whom this song has no appealBut I know it works for meAnd I'm sure you will agreeThat it illustrates exactly how I feel
Things can happen fastSome things are built to lastI've seen it all go down in Harry's BarThough we've only just begunThis sure will run and runDo you know how wonderful you areDo you know how wonderful you areDo you know how wonderful you are