Monday, April 10, 2006

policing policies




Dear all,

The article below refers:
http://www.mmail.com.my/Current_News/MM/Sunday/National/20060409111354/Article/index_html

now, i could think of many instances whereby highly respectable public figures showed their affections publicly as witnessed by many of us before, and may i just remind you again as shown above (I am only using those pics as an example, and so i hope i really don't get hauled to court for it. please let me know if the pics offends anyone and i'd remove them as quick as a lightning. Thanks!)

So perhaps they too should be issued summons and brought to court for disrespecting the rights of others. I mean, isn't our justice system there to be fair and just. I'm not trying to show disrespect to those depicted above, as i truly appreciate their immense contributions to the growth and success of our beloved country.

What i'm trying to hit out is at the gross stupidity of the whole issue whereby two teens are actually accused of behaving indecently in public, (while they claimed they were only holding hands), and issued summons when they refused to bribe the officer. After going to the ACA, the summons were cancelled claiming that the city hall had messed up.

Thinking that everything was now fine and well, they moved on only to be issued a summon to appear in court for the same offense. Now, isn't that double jeopardy? how can 1 person be convicted of killing the same victim twice? Shits... that really makes me crack!

So now, i wouldn't dare hold hands with my girlfriend no more in public since at anytime, we may be caught for indecent behaviour in a public place. I'm a busy person, you see. so i really wouldn't have the time to go to court. my boss'll kill me if i can't finish my work. then if i can only show my affections to her at home in my own private house, there's always a chance or risk that JAIS will come knocking for being in close proximity.

Now, come on! In this day and age, where we are trying to preach love, peace, harmony... unfortunately, these values can't seem to co-exist alongside with transparency in our policies and the people who govern them.